Old 25-12-2003, 04:42 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default What did Santa bring?

The message
from martin contains these words:
On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 10:05:02 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:
"David Hill" wrote in message

"...........Bought from a place just outside Torquay, Cockington Olde

Forge
(Closed in January but well worth a visit if you are in the area on a

later
date. ....."

Didn't they have a stand at the "Festival of Britain" in 1951?

Don't know 'cos I didn't go to it

I did, but can't remember the stand.

I do remember a demo of radar signals being bounced off the moon, and
the Dome of Discovery etc.

Space research has come a long way in fifty odd years.

I can't say I remember it either, but then, there was rather a lot of
it. I rather liked the Skylon, but me gran wouldn't let me take it home.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)