Old 25-12-2003, 05:32 PM
jklewis

Default [IBC] water from top or bottom

Dear IBCers:
This is another one of those things that we will be debating for many
years.... I tend to agree with Brent. I hand-water, from above, three
times with at least a 15-minute interval. Accumulated salts, are
usually washed out by the second and especially the third watering.
Of course, this is my Humble Opinion!

Generally, I agree with Brent, too, but in any even, with most bonsai it's probably not a major issue, assuming you repot every few years.

I water from the top almost eclusively -- except for some of my smallest trees who get a monthly (or more frequent) submersal in a fertilizer solution. In most cases, I submerge the entire tree.

jim lewis -

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++