Old 25-12-2003, 11:04 PM
kenty ;-\)

Default Low Voltage Lighting

Fit the lights to the manufacturers instructions and you cant go wrong! the
transformer has to be indoors.I have a light setup from B & Q, the one were
you buy your transformer,cable,lights & pir switches etc, seperately to meet
your requirements & so you can add to the set up if you have chosen a big
enough transformer.The cable comes in different lengths too,so you can
easily fit the transformer indoors.The bulbs are also halagen so they are
brighter and make more inpact!I have purchased lighting packs in the past &
found they are restricted & are not very bright.You cant add to them & the
cabling isnt long enough.
cheers kenty

"VivienB" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:19:01 +0000, VivienB
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:19:32 -0000, "Kevin Ashcroft"
wrote:

Can you purchase transformers which will happily sit outside or
does anyone know of a small enclosure I could purchase, which the
transformer can sit inside quite happily and be protected?

These people have one - they have been advertising a lot lately (I
have no connection whatsoever with them). www.greenbrook.co.uk

Regards, VivienB

For some reason the OP has not supplied feedback here (although asked
to do so), but has e-mailed me. I see no problem in outlining his
experience here, as it may be useful to someone else lurking.

He ordered one of the 'Armadillo' boxes obtainable from the above
website, received it promptly. It takes 4 transformers, so is a fair
size, about A4 x 6" high, cost £29. Apparently B & Q are selling
something similar for £20.

Hope this is of interest,

Regards, VivienB