Old 26-12-2003, 01:33 AM
Sam

Default DIY CO2?

on www.aquarticles.com in the plants section there are several articles on
methods and quantities of sugar and yeast for a co2 reactor. i personally
use 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp. yeast and enough water to fill the bottle 2/3 of
the way up in a 2 litre soda bottle. in the cap of the soda bottle, i
drilled a hole, inserted airline tubing, siliconed it to seal, put an
airstone on the other end and put it in the aquarium. it is bubbling within
a couple hours. i usually replace it or add more sugar every 1-2 weeks.

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...
I have a 13 gallon with 15 W of lighting and light to medium planting. I

am
hoping to increase this to medium to heavy. I have heard that using CO2

will
help the plants. I was thinking somethng along the lines of yeast/sugar in
lemonade bottles method.

Yeast/sugar/water bottle ===(CO2)=== primary backwash/emergency spill

bottle
===(CO2)=== secondary backwash/emergency spill bottle ===(CO2)===

Aquarium.

Anyone got a recipe, such as ratios of yeast : sugar : water? Or other

ideas
and suggestions?

Comments appreciated,

Marcus