Old 26-12-2003, 01:33 AM
Dave Liquorice

Default OT Data protection Act

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 00:10:55 -0000, Bob Hobden wrote:

Forgetfull, advancing age, if only they had paid by Direct Debit
then they could have forgotten about it.

Your making the assumption that they had a bank account that could
have Direct Debits setup. Since April (I think) this year their
pensions would have to have been paid into an account but I'm not sure
that the *very* basic Post Office account set up to cater for the many
on benefits without bank accounts allows outgoing DDs.

However, would they have turned the heating up when it got cold,

They didn't die of cold, at least the coroner said they didn't, wander
back up the thread to the links to the news articles. They actually
died sometime in the Autumn well before cold becomes a problem even
for the elderly.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail