Old 26-12-2003, 02:33 AM
Marvin Hlavac

Default Photos of my aquarium

What great tank you have!!
Is that X-mas moss as the foreground and background? Amazing!! Your

lotus
looks stunning!! Care to list your tank params?
If you ever do get tired of the moss, send me an email. I would love to
give it a try.

Hi "dam n"

I just added three pictures he
http://www.onehappygirl.com/aqua3.jpg
http://www.onehappygirl.com/aqua4.jpg
http://www.onehappygirl.com/aqua5.jpg

Here are the details:

It is a 90g (360L) which was setup just over a year ago.

Lights: 4 x 55W with AH Supply reflectors. Lights come on at 8am and off at
9pm.

Filter: Eheim 2260 canister. This is an overkill since it is designed for
400g (1500L) but at least I don't have to open it too often. In fact I
haven't yet open it since I bought it a year ago. Also I have a 20g sump.

Substrate: 100% Florite

Plants: Only three species: 1. Red Tiger Lotus, 2. Echinodorus 'Rubin'
narrow leaves and 3. Christmas Moss covers the back, both sides and some of
the bottom.

Inhabitants: Not too many actually for a 90g tank. Only about 20 Tetra
Cardinals, 4 Black Neons, 1 SAE, 6 Oto Cats, about 20 perhaps more Algae
Eating Shrimps and some snails that long time ago were imported with some
plants against my will.

CO2 5lb cylinder is used

When the tank was newly setup I had to battle variety of algae, you name it
I had it. Happily now though, for a long, long time I don't even have to
scrub the inside wall of the front glass. At the moment it is a very low
maintenance setup. I don't do any vacuuming of the bottom. Once in a several
months period I trim the Lotus plant and less frequently even the
Echinodorus. I change 4g (one bucket) of water daily (unless I'm lazy). That
only takes 3 minutes. I feed once a day.

--
Regards,
Marvin Hlavac