Old 26-12-2003, 05:33 AM
JWB

Default Squirrels - the good, the bad and the ugly

"Chuck C" wrote in message
om...
"JWB" wrote in message

. ..

You will be even more upset if it dies in a corner of the attic or down
behind some wall. The smell will overwhelm you, and force you to tear

things
apart to find the rotting carcass. There is no guarantee they will die
outside or where you can reach the body. Poisoning them is a very risky

way
to go.

Here's my rat poison story. I saw two mice indoors, which refused to
enter the traps, no matter the bait, so I put out Warfarin bars which
were gobbled down two nights in a row. Considering the huge amount
they ate, I knew they were done for. Now to find them. I looked
everywhere for a couple days without luck and assumed I got lucky and
they went outside to die.

A couple weeks later, I put on a jacket I had not worn in a while, and
stuck my hand in the pocket and felt something fuzzy and instantly
knew what had happened. I took the jacket outdoors and dumped the
dead mouse. As I was walking back I had this nagging thought to check
the other pocket. Sure enough, the other mouse was there as well.

heh heh... that's funny. I had one die behind a wall. Actually, it was less
of a wall, and more like paneling nailed to studs in the laundry room. Made
it easy to remove. But the smell... wow, was it bad. I never poisoned again.

Peanut butter seems to be the bait of choice for traps.