Old 26-12-2003, 12:32 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Figs? On a Green Island Ficus

In a message dated 12/25/2003 9:41:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

No wonder whenever I pick and eat my figs from my two huge trees in the
garden I feel great! I must have been doing that bee sting pain therapy that
I saw
being used on people on the medical channel! (Are you guys serious? I really
am curious about this one.) I never crunched on wasps, at least I never saw
them. I always peel and then cut in half my white figs before I eat them.

You are not eating wasps. As I said in an earlier post and someone even
backed me up. The edible figs we grow don't require pollinators to produce
fruit.
My family in Florida has always had fig trees in the yard. One of my
earliest memories is climbing the fig tree in Daytona Beach. I was a little kid and
edible figs are small trees. The one in my yard now is only eight feet.
I also remember visiting a family in the north central valley of California
who lived in a grove of figs.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast
Bonsai Societies of Florida Annual Convention Memorial Day Weekend 2004
Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral, Florida
www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++