Old 26-12-2003, 02:12 PM
seven

Default violas and pansies

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

I just hope the fuchsia I have starts looking better in the spring as it
doesn't look too good just now out in the garden, but I really loved it

when
it was in flower a few months ago. Thankfully I was advised by someone

in
this group to take cuttings, which I did, and they seem to be doing

well,
so
if the original doesn't survive the winter I should have some cuttings

plant up in the spring.

Which Fuchsia do you mean?

I had the name of it written down, but cant find it at the moment, it's a
trailing one. Isn't looking too good at all.....

The only Fuchsias which I have ever grown successfully for more than one
season in the open garden are various varieties of Fuchsia ricartonii.

And
then the top growth never survived the winter in any serious way. I have
always had to cut them to ground level each spring, like herbaceous
perennials.