Old 26-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Dave Liquorice

Default OT Data protection Act

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 12:19:26 +0100, martin wrote:

I suspect that it's all done by computer and other than the victims
no human beings are involved.

99% sure that some one has to physically visit to disconnect a gas or
electricity supply, no valve that can be remotely operated. Of course
if there is an external gas meter cupboard then they might not need
physical access into the building. One reason I don't like external
utility cupboards, they aren't lockable so any Tom, Dick, or Harry can
get to "your" supply.

All the letters, demands for payment etc and scheduling of the
engineers job sheet probably doesn't have any human intervention.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail