Old 26-12-2003, 06:12 PM
Trevor Appleton

Default And flowering in the Christmas Day garden........?

Sacha wrote in message
.. .
What has everyone found in their garden just now? We have Fuchsias, a
Cestrum, Rhododendron, Hydrangea (new flowers, not just hanging on types)
Sarcococca, one lonely violet, Iris reticulata, Pulmonaria, mimosa just
about to burst forth, Chaenomeles, comfrey, Daphne bholua, Mahonias,
Nerines, and Lonicera (2 sorts)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Daphne bholua 'Darjeeling' can be detected from a couple or three tens of
metres away. Absolutely covered in flowers and my favourite plant in the
garden. Mahonia 'Charity' has been flowering for about two months.

Other than than, there are no buds on the Snowdrops, Viburnum bodnantense
'Dawn' is still in bud along with Prunus subhirtella 'Autumnalis and
Hammemellis mollis.

Cyclamen coum is flowering in the polytunnel only.

BTW does anyone grow these (supposedly) winter flowering wallflowers?

Mine have been in the polytunnel since September (bought as plugs from
Gardening Direct) and are just thinking of coming into flower now.

Trevor
Kirkburn
East Yorkshire