Old 26-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default And flowering in the Christmas Day garden........?

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains these words:

I'll tell you tomorrow - it's dark outside, thobut I can report a
cascade of winter jasmine.

And I should have remembered the winter-flowering verbena. Mahonia is
just beginning to burst, and there are winter aconites and some violas.

That would seem to be all. Even the snowdrops haven't raised buds yet.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

If you can find some shelter in your winter garden the Correa's are all
looking good in mine, the Abutilons that have dangly flowers always have
some on and a particular favourite is Acacia retonoides in flower from June
to March, looking all yellow and fluffy (its scented but even I am not so
keen to venture out while there are still mince pies to be had!)
I also noticed the first flowers on the helebores are out.
happy christmas all :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk