Old 26-12-2003, 11:12 PM
Phisherman

Default Dumb question RE water features

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 11:23:00 -0500, "Natty_Dread"
wrote:

I know this is a stupid question, but I just don't know: Are water feature
pumps, like those installed in small fountains, waterfalls or ponds,
supposed to be left running all the time? I'm assuming they are, in order
to prevent stagnation and the development of algae. If so, are they much of
an impact on one's electric bill?

Happy Holidays to all!

Better a bleeding heart than no heart at all.

Yes. Stagnant water stinks. The cost of running of pump will depend
on the wattage of the pump (there are various sizes) and your local
electric rate. More importantly, the pump filter will need to cleaned
regularly.