Old 26-12-2003, 11:37 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default OT Data protection Act

The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:

99% sure that some one has to physically visit to disconnect a gas or
electricity supply, no valve that can be remotely operated. Of course
if there is an external gas meter cupboard then they might not need
physical access into the building. One reason I don't like external
utility cupboards, they aren't lockable so any Tom, Dick, or Harry can
get to "your" supply.

Why aren't they lockable? Our gas meter hatch has a lock, as did the one
at my parents house when I was a kid.

They are lockable - ish. But the key is in the possession of the
relevant services providers, I think.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)