Old 27-12-2003, 03:35 PM
Inyo

Default Wildflowers Images From Mojave-Great Basin Deserts

Finally, I've gotten around to uploading several wildflower images I
took with a digital camera during an early April, 2003, visit to the
Mojave and Great Basin Deserts of California and western Nevada:

Wildflowers from Death Valley National Park:
http://mojave.topcities.com/dv/desertmallow.html (Desert Mallow)
http://mojave.topcities.com/dv/yellowcups.html (Yellow Cups)
http://mojave.topcities.com/dv/lupine.html (Lupine)
http://mojave.topcities.com/dv/fremontphacelia.html (Fremont
Phacelia--looks like Phacelia f.; if anyoody has another
identification, I'd love to hear it; my functional email address is at
bottom of post.)
http://mojave.topcities.com/dv/californiatickseed.html (California
Tickseed)
http://mojave.topcities.com/dv/grapevinewildflower.html (a mystery
wildflower; I haven't been able to identify this one. I observed it
along Grapevine Canyon in western Death Valley, overlooking Saline
Valley below, at an elevation of roughly 4,000 to 5,000 feet; please
drop me an email if you know what this is; my functional email is at
bottom of post)

Wildflowers from Red Rock Canyon State Park, California:
http://mojave.topcities.com/redrock/wildflowers1a.html (Gravel-Ghost)
http://mojave.topcities.com/redrock/wildflowers9a.html (Lacy Phacelia)
http://mojave.topcities.com/redrock/wildflowers29.html (Indian
Paintbrush)
http://mojave.topcities.com/redrock/wildflowers30.html (Mojave Aster)
http://mojave.topcities.com/redrock/wildflowers31.html (Fremont
Pincushion)
http://mojave.topcities.com/redrock/wildflowers32.html
(Monolopia--Hilltop Daisy)
http://mojave.topcities.com/redrock/wildflowers33.html (Brown-Eyed
Primrose)
http://mojave.topcities.com/redrock/wildflowers34.html (Wallace
Eriophyllum)
http://mojave.topcities.com/redrock/wildflowers35.html (Argus Gilia)
http://mojave.topcities.com/redrock/wildflowers36.html (some kind of
Phacelia, I believe. Again, if anybody knows just what kind of flower
this is, please drop me an email; my functional email is at bottom of
post.

Wildflower from Nye County, Nevada:
http://esmeralda.topcities.com/beatt...cupcactus.html (Claret Cup
Cactus)