Old 27-12-2003, 06:13 PM
Ka30P

Default OT ~ Mad Moo Cow in SE WA

Yes that spinal cord recovery system really
shocked me. How dumb can the industry get?
In testing 30 % of the meat they recovered tested positive for spinal
cord tissue in it. (This is not a test of the current recall, just a test on
the advanced meat recovery system) In addition to hot dogs it goes
into pizza toppings, taco fillings, meatballs, bologna.
And that stuff could end up anywhere in the country.
Since they knew it was only a matter of time when
this showed up in the states WHY did they keep
on doing this advanced meat recovery off of spinal cords?
We are getting a lot of very detailed coverage here since we are the ones who
had ended up with meat that was recalled. The only problem is what if you
already ate it??? Can't recall that!
Supposedly this cow's brains, spinal cord and nerves
were removed and sent to a rendering plant where it was going to, or already
has, been turned into chicken feed or sent to the cosmetics industry (major ew
factor there!).
Though how much we'll ever really know, I'm not sure.

ka30p
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html