Old 28-12-2003, 05:42 PM
martin

Default Artificial Light

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 15:34:50 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

ah but it's incoherent polarised light! :-)

http://www.disabilityworld.com/co/company.php?ID=303

"BIOPTON - Visible Incoherent Polarised light. The world's top selling
medical light therapy system

snip

There is absolutely no other word for it, the OP's friend has been conned.
How much did he pay for this privilege?

Lastly, Switzerland is particularly well for known for being infested with
folk selling snake oil.

Franz

In cells that are unhealthy, the polar heads in the cell membranes are
out of position

The polar heads of cells are a matter of charge polarisation, not optical
polarisation. The same word "polarisation" is unfortunately used to denote
two physical phenomena which are unconnected, and the quacks have in their
ignorance thought that they were related..

- bio-stimulation activates cell metabolism to correct
this with natural endogenic healing and a boost to the immune system.

These twomlast lines are pure gobbledegook,m in the same category as Bernard
Shaw's famous "stimulate the phagocytes"

And how does the patient know when the polarisation of the light received
from the lamp is in the correct orientation to achieve the desired effect?

We are all made up of 70 trillion tissue and blood cells, so you can
achieve benefits whereever the therapy can be applied. Biotron acts
through our very cell biology and this explains why it is such an
evidently versatile therapy."

More bullshit. And I use the word after careful premeditation.

Do a google search there's pages of similar stuff.

I particularly liked the photo on this site
http://www.electrocrystal.com/ecrystal.html

Marvellous.
I wonder if they sell pendula and pyramids as well.

almost certainly :-)

Finally: The OP's friend might test to see if the light really is
significantly polarised. Look at the source through one lens of a pair of
polarising sunglasses. rotate the lens and see if there is an orientation
for which the emitted light is totally absorbed.

I thought you would enjoy that :-)

You didn't comment on the "incoherent" bit
--
Martin