Old 28-12-2003, 05:42 PM
martin

Default What did Santa bring?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:05:59 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:55:21 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:

I think they are goldfinches my wife thinks they are green finches.
I am sure we called them yellow hammers, when I was a kid.

To narrow it down a bit they have no green feathers, the coloured
feathers are yellow.

The green on a greenfinch is a very, very dull green. The yellow flash on
the sied is quite conspicuous.
Have a nother look. I opt for greenfinch.

They are greenfinches.

I blame the perpetual rain and gloom in this part of the world for the
greenish colour not being more obvious. :-(((
--
Martin