Old 28-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Sea Kale?

The message
from (Steve Harris) contains these words:
In article ,
(Jaques d'Alltrades) wrote:

I've picked it on the margins of the sea, but not grown it.

It is good-looking, it is delicious and it is very nutritious.

Did you pick and eat it from the wild (IE without forcing) and it was
delicious?

Picked it on the Sussex coast and the Essex coast, and yes, it was an
experience I want to repeat.

Also picked sea beet (Beta vulgaris subsp. maritima); hastate orache
(Atriplex hastata); glasswort (Salicornia several species); samphire
(Crithmum maritimum) - all delicious all in Essex. Oh, and wild
asparagus (Asparagus officinalis) during the war when I was rather
small, somewhere near Seaford: might have been Cuckmere Haven.

--
Rusty Hinge

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)