Old 28-12-2003, 06:02 PM
JNJ

Default Winter update....

Did your neighbor ever articulate *why* he wants to take down all the
trees?

He wants to gain more use of his property. It's not very sensible in the
big scheme of things -- he's an older man, soon to be divorced, no kids and
he has ample space cleared for anything he would do otherwise. There's not
really enough room to build back there (anything bigger than a shed) so I
don't know what else he could be thinking. Clearing the remaining section
of his plot will only add to drainage problems and create a small, open
swamp (we're all cut out of hills down here) not to mention kill our
windbreak and shading back there. It's a real bummer -- I'm really hoping
he'll at least leave the ones still up on the property line and a few of the
larger ones that are more central to his plot. Believe it or not, there was
quite a bit of wildlife living back there too. It's just an all around
shame.

James