Old 28-12-2003, 06:09 PM
JNJ

Default Winter update....

I'm chopping down several trees too. Otherwise there will be no 2004
vegetable garden. I even asked my neighbor and got his permission to
cut down three of HIS trees to allow more late afternoon sun onto the
garden! Good neighbors communicate!

This guy's a little nutty. When I was little (about 8 or so) he accused me
of egging his house then threatened to beat me -- and he was serious, he
actually flew off with profanity and everything. My mother was out there
and told him to back off then he started threatening her. He's mellowed
with the years (he's in his late 50s now) but he's still flakey at best.

There's nothing I can really do about it, we live in the city and it's an
ass-backwards city at that, so I'm just hoping for the best. I keep the
channels of communication as open as possible. We'll see how it goes.
Worst case scenario -- I'll plant a bunch of river trees along the property
line to soak up some of the runoff and put in a dry creek for the rest.

James