Old 28-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Salsify

The message
from Stuart Baldwin contains these words:

Easier than boiling it and trying to scrape the skin off with either a
knife or a vegetable brush. In my original post I wrote that I had
grown some salsify on my allotment and boiled it in its skin for about
25 minutes, but then found that I didn't have time to prepare it for
Christmas dinner because it was so fiddly scraping the skin off.

Never tried this with salsify, but I cook jerusalem artichokes in their
skins, cut them in half and scoop out the flesh using a teaspoon.

You might be able to do that with salsify.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)