Old 28-12-2003, 10:39 PM
FF

Default Something's been eating my cabbages!!!

Hi all,

I just got back from the Xmas break and found the tiny baby cabbages I spaced out
around a month ago have mostly been munched. Some are saveable, I think. My guess is
the culprits are slugs or snails, but I can't find a single one!

This is the first year I've grown cabbage and only the second year I've grown
anything. What should I do to save what remains, please? Will a squirt of dilute
detergent do the trick, as it did with aphids in the summer? Is it any good to go out
there with a torch at night and hunt doen the varmints by hand? (It's jolly cold out
there tonight!!)

Thanks for your help and advice,

Liz