Old 28-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Pam - gardengal

Default Moving a tree peony

Like herbaceous peonies, tree peonies would prefer to be moved in the fall.
If that is not an option, I would move it as soon as your ground is workable
in early spring. Keep in mind freshly transplanted peonies have a tendency
to sulk for a while and you may not see a bloom this year. Tree peonies also
have a significant root system - be sure to take a generous root ball.

pam - gardengal

"Richard" wrote in message
Due to some upcoming spring construction, I am going to need to move a

tree
peony in my yard. I'm sure its not the ideal time, but just found out it
needed to get moved (I can't measure worth a darn obviously and I had
thought it was safe where it was - I was wrong). Would it be better to

move
it in very early spring (before or as it starts to bud out), or wait until
after flowering (late spring) - I can probably put off the construction
until then, but no later.

Richard