Old 29-12-2003, 06:32 AM
Richard

Default Moving a tree peony

Fall moving is not an option. Like I said, I cannot measure, and the
cement I though would be at least 18 inches to the west of the peony is
now extending over and 12 inches to the east of it. If I wait until fall,
I'll need a jackhammer to move it.

"Pam - gardengal" wrote in

Like herbaceous peonies, tree peonies would prefer to be moved in the
fall. If that is not an option, I would move it as soon as your ground
is workable in early spring. Keep in mind freshly transplanted peonies
have a tendency to sulk for a while and you may not see a bloom this
year. Tree peonies also have a significant root system - be sure to
take a generous root ball.

pam - gardengal

"Richard" wrote in message
Due to some upcoming spring construction, I am going to need to move

tree
peony in my yard. I'm sure its not the ideal time, but just found
out it needed to get moved (I can't measure worth a darn obviously
and I had thought it was safe where it was - I was wrong). Would it
be better to

move
it in very early spring (before or as it starts to bud out), or wait
until after flowering (late spring) - I can probably put off the
construction until then, but no later.

Richard