Old 29-12-2003, 11:04 AM
Empty

Default What is the best substrate for a beginner

(Robert H) wrote in
om:

Eco Complete 72%

Untested, AFAIK.

Flourite 11% !!

This is my suggestion.

gravel and laterite 6%

Oh, fun, when you mess with the tank you can get lots of iron in your water
column! Welcome to the Dutch Algae Tank.

peat or soil 9%

This sounds great, if you won't have any water or fish in the tank :P

plain gravel 11%

This will work for java ferns, mosses, anubias, and some stem plants. ANy
root feeders like crypts swords or apons are not gonna like it.

~Empty

--
'You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it
kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other