Old 29-12-2003, 03:42 PM
Mark Hill

Default [IBC] This is winter ??

I don't know about the rest of you, but here in central PA (Harrisburg), the
weather has gotten ridiculously warm.
For the past week the temps have been in the mid 50's (13 C) every day,
dropping to low 30's (1 C) every night.
These temps are expected to last for at least another week.
Hardly winter weather for Zone 6.

I have a number of deciduous bonsai(maples etc)that think spring has
arrived!
Most are covered with buds that appear months ahead of schedule.
All the deciduous trees in my landscape are also pushing up buds.

When the inevitable happens, and it drops back into freezing temps and snow
covers my world, will the newly formed buds suffer ?

What's my next step ?

Mark Hill - Harrisburg, PA - Zone 6 (where it feels like Zone 10!)

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++