Old 29-12-2003, 04:04 PM
mich

Default tree cat damage

"Mike" wrote in message

"aj" wrote in message
my neighbour has 7 cats (seven) & my birch tree which stands about 12

feet
tall is scarred from top to bottom with them using it as a scratching
post,will this cause permanent damage & is there anything i can do to

stop
them damaging it?
thanks.

Strap some lengths of carpet gripper up the tree, points up. 4 or 5
lengths about 3 ft high should do the trick.

BTW, they don't come over my gate since I put a few lenghts along the rail
and put nails along the top sticking up a couple of inches.

Re the gate. you may find yourself with a public liability issue and
personal injury matter if someone hurts themselves coming to your house.
In fact I am not sure its legal to do what you say you have done.