Old 29-12-2003, 06:03 PM
Mark Hill

Default [IBC] This is winter ??

Thanks for the suggestions Bill.

A number of my trees where purchased from Jim, a few more acquired at a the
Susquehanna Bonsai Club auction in late summer, and a few more collected
from my back yard.
I've got the entire lot in an unheated shed, that unfortunately gets far too
much sunlight.
A few weeks ago I checked them over critically and there wasn't one bud on
the works.
Yesterday, while wandering about my yard, I noticed my landscaped
"Bloodgood" was covered in swollen buds.
I immediately checked my bonsai collection and found they too where sending
out new buds.
If this keeps up, I'm willing to bet both my landscape trees and bonsai will
be sending out leaves in a few more weeks.

The "weather guessers" here in Harrisburg are predicting mid 50's for the
foreseeable future, but I'm willing to bet that sometime in the next month
or two, we'll be covered in snow and my trees won't be happy.

I guess the only thing I can do is to place them in complete darkness and
hope for the best.

Mark

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++