Old 29-12-2003, 06:33 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Having steep sides on a pond?

"Han Chung" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I'm in the process of building a pond and am currently digging the
hole. A side view of what I have dug is below (I hope the formatting
is comes out OK):

| |
| |
|________ |
| |
| |
|________|

So basically, it's 2 metres/8 feet wide, 2 metres/8 feet long, half at
a depth of 0.8 metres/2.5 feet and the other half with a depth of 0.4
metres/1.2 feet. The pond's edges are dug at roughly an 80 degree
angle.

My questions:

1. Will the steep sides be a problem

snip

I have very steep sides on one side of my pond and on the other I have a
gentle slope. The look is very nice, but maintenance is awful. There is NO
easy way in and out of my pond, and forget about sitting planting baskets
flat.

If I did it all again, I'd have shelves, nice and flat ones.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com