Old 29-12-2003, 10:13 PM
Sue Walsh

Default Frogs Dying in Skimmer

"RichToyBox" wrote in message news:dD%Hb.70214$VB2.136849@attbi_s51...
Sue,

Make a basket of hardware cloth that you can put the pump in. The mesh
should be small enough to keep frogs out, but large enough to not clog by
any debris that gets through the skimmer basket. I have had frogs travel
down my plumbing to my Sequence pumps, unfortunately, due to elbows, they
never made it to the pump, but were trapped, cutting off water flow until I
cut the plumbing to get them out. This past year I had tropical lily blooms
go the same route. I now have hardware cloth over the inlet.
--
RichToyBox

Thanks Rich, Great idea! I understand by hardware cloth you mean
something like, (but smaller than)chicken wire, is that correct? The
first instance we had blocked the water flow and that's what made us
look at the pump. Over at the botanical gardens we are constantly
finding frogs in all the faucets. Turn on the water and out comes a
small frog. Thanks again.

Sue W
Brooksville FL

See my pond 'Rippling Waters' at