Old 29-12-2003, 11:35 PM
martin

Default Something's been eating my cabbages!!!

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:13:21 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Very likely, too cold for much else to be about other than Rabbits. Do the
plants show just the ribs of the leaves with all the soft green connecting
tissue missing, not the usual slug holes? You should be able to see the peck
marks if you look.

If so it's pigeons. Get together all those unused AOL Cd-roms etc, tie them
to yard long pieces of string and hang them off poles pushed into the soil
at an angle so the discs flash in the wind.

In an experiment I conducted at the weekend it took birds about 30
minutes to get used to flashing Compuserve CDs. Tits got used to them
in a few minutes. Pigeons ignored them completely.
Does this prove that birds can tell AOL from Compuserve?

--
Martin