Old 30-12-2003, 03:42 AM
RESPITE95

Default advice from the group.

Heres the deal. I live in the sticks, west central Alabama on some land that
fronts a county road. For the past 15 years my house has been screened by
pines I planted in three close rows across about 700 feet of road front, I like
it that way. About a month ago the county road crew came by and stripped all
the limbs off my trees with a bushhog. The trees looked so bad I cut them all
down, all three hundred of them. Now I have bare ground in full sun between my
house and the county road. By the way, I would have had to cut the trees in the
near future anyway because they were beginning to touch the power lines above.
So now I have this 700 ft by 30 ft space that will need planting this spring.
I am looking for low care, dry hardy, small to medium size plants that I can
afford and lots of them. Any suggestions? GCS