Old 30-12-2003, 07:42 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default OT ~ Mad Moo Cow in SE WA

I'm gonna ignore the dig regarding P.T.B. & Suckers. Honestly Tom, you just
can't help yourself from saying something inflamatory, can you? S

Regarding what John said though: "
an my question is how long have we been eating cows like this without
indident till some test tube type named it?
John Rutz

I have to agree with Tom, it isn't the test tube types that created the
problem, the incidents were always there, we just didn't know the cause
and/or how to prevent them. Life was better when we were ignorant? Sorry, I
don't think so John.

One does wonder with the short life span of an Angus, just how safe are we?
~ jan

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 00:02:49 -0600, "Tom La Bron" wrote:

There is something else that needs to be considered in this entire scenario.
This disease, unless you are injecting infected prions in to the animal's
brain, takes a long time to manifest itself and have any outward signs that
anything is going wrong inside the animal. It can be years before you can
even suspect that the animal is sick with this problem.

Tom L.L.
ka30p http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
( who wont eat anything that doesnt have four legs and horns)