Old 30-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Cleaning a Polytunnel

The message
from "Pat Gardiner" contains these words:

I suppose there comes a time in every polytunnel life...it starts to look
disgusting

I can work out that a squeezy mop will remove the green on the outside, but
what should I use as a chemical?

Something harmless that will still do the job of loosening before using a
hose?

There are Kiwi below, near the sides on the outside and I'm still silly
enough to believe they will fruit one day.

Hello Pat. The car is still taxed.......

Did the piggy thing get sorted to your satisfaction?

A spot of detergent and some warm water ought to shift the algae from
your polytunnel. Don't use washing powder as it may contain borax, and
could drain down and brutalise what's growing inside.

And, providing you have a male and a female Chinese gooseberry, you
should get fruit. You should get fruit if you plant them outside, too.

--
Tony
tony·anson&zetnet·co·uk