Old 30-12-2003, 10:32 PM
PegLegAlexK

Default Help getting a light going

I'm trying to get a light going for my son. Its my
first attempt at wiring a ballast. I must be doing
something wrong. Picked up a ballast on ebay, 250 mh advance.

wiring diagram
HTTP://members.aol.com/peglegalexk/bal2.jpg/

how I wired it
HTTP://members.aol.com/peglegalexk/bal1.jpg/

Nothing happens. Bulb does not light (tried 2 different new bulbs).
I have the ballast plugged into a kill-a-watt meter. NO watts
being used. OK, I'm stuck. Any ideas. How do I debug this?
I have a cheap multimeter but not a lot of exp using it.

Can anybody tell me how to discharge a capacitor?

Thanks