Old 30-12-2003, 11:02 PM
shazzbat

Default Trapped!

"Spider" wrote in message
Hello Everyone!
This is a very relieved Spider.
As Arthur mentioned, I returned to the GC today - nerves of steel, or

what?
The manager, Roger, was waiting for me and was most contrite. Apparently,
it had happened once before years ago. After that event, they had changed
their procedure and rang a bell .. called out .. toured the site. Roger
admitted that they had become more lax recently, and apologised again.

I'm
sure he will insist more care is taken in future.
As it happened, Roger wasn't on site yesterday, so the GC was closed by 2
employees. These two members of staff were present today and told to
apologise to me.
As a gesture of good will, Roger refused to charge me for a stone ornament

had picked out the day before, so I'm really chuffed with that. He also
wanted to lessen my plant bill, but I told him the stoneware was

sufficient.
It's a great garden centre, so I will definitely be going back.
... Yes, we can see the funny side of it, too. We did the 'Great Escape'
joke, but I hadn't thought of the spider slant. Brilliant! Alas, it was

rainy day and spiders don't usually venture out, let alone spin, in the
rain. However, it gives me an idea ... I might go back, spin a web at
strategic points, then return for the silk when it's full of lovely plant
seeds!{:-)))
... and yes, of course we thought of the 'no mobile' scenario and the

little
old lady scenario. It could have been more serious, but happily that's

not
how it was. I was a little distressed after the event, but fine now.

Roger
was very good about it and understands the implications all too well.
It only remains for me to enjoy my plants: an Itea ilicifolia (sp) and a
scarlet-stemmed Cornus.
Thank you all for your concern and comments.
Regards,
Spider.

Nice to know you're all right after your ordeal. Now that you get to live
happily ever after, are you going to name and shame the GC?

Steve