Old 31-12-2003, 12:42 AM
HA HA Budys Here

Default Sedum? Now???

I'm in zone 7a according to the USDA zone hardiness map. We've had some snow,
but it's been gone a while and the temps lately have been in the mid-40's to
low 50's (day) and barely touching freezing at night.

Was out tidying up the yard and sucking up some errant leaves and found both my
Sedum plants are sending up new shoots... LOTS of new shoots.

What's going on can't they tell time? Are sedum somewhat cold-hardy?

At any rate, I now have a couple pails full of oak tree leaves shredded by the
leaf blower/shredding machine. Should I use this to cover the Sedum or just
leave them as they are now - all cleaned up in a winter-bare bed and exposed to
whatever Mother Nature throws on them?

Thanks in advance!