Old 31-12-2003, 01:06 PM
Bolero

Default Humidity!

I for one will disagree with that.

The very best results are achieved with humidity above 60%, there is no way
you can achieve great results with 40%.

The plants will survive and may well flower but not as well as they can.

"J Fortuna" wrote in message

Most culture sheets for Phals (or Paphs) that I have seen say something

like
"humidity of 50% or higher is ideal". However, Phals are known for being
able to adapt to sub-ideal conditions (and even thrive in them), so I

would
think that 40% humidity is 'good enough' (or will anyone object to

that?).
One related thing that I have read is that good air movement becomes more
important with higher humidity.

Joanna

"Claude" wrote in message
. ..
Hello everyone!

What is the best percentage of humidity to grow Phal and Paph!

I just bought an hygrometer and it shows 40% of relative humidity. Is

this
good?

Thanks

Claude