Old 31-12-2003, 01:55 PM
Bolero

Default Humidity!

I wasn't replying on behalf of people growing on a window sill.

I will replying on behalf on what the plant would prefer to have.

The best growers I know maintain humidity in their green houses at 70% or
more for Phals or Paphs.

I couldn't tell you what "home" growers get because in this country most of
us grow our plants outside and try to maintain ideal conditions.

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
Sorry for unintentional double post, and I just noticed Boleros reply that
indead objects to my 'good enough' understanding. I would think that for
those of us who are growing Phals on windowsills at home and not in
greenhouses, achieving 70-80% humidity is not really an option. Has anyone
out there been living in a home in 70-80% humidity?

Joanna

"J Fortuna" wrote in message

Most culture sheets for Phals (or Paphs) that I have seen say something

like
"humidity of 50% or higher is ideal". However, Phals are known for being
able to adapt to sub-ideal conditions (and even thrive in them), so I

would
think that 40% humidity is 'good enough' (or will anyone object to

that?).
One related thing that I have read is that good air movement becomes

more
important with higher humidity.

Joanna

"Claude" wrote in message
. ..
Hello everyone!

What is the best percentage of humidity to grow Phal and Paph!

I just bought an hygrometer and it shows 40% of relative humidity. Is

this
good?

Thanks

Claude