Old 31-12-2003, 01:58 PM
Bolero

Default Humidity!

Again, didn't know I was dealing with people who couldn't grow outside and
that the question was targetted at only those people.

It is still less than ideal......

Are you saying that those that own a greenhouse are more than mere mortals?
I paid hardly anything for mine, but then again my climate allows for it.

"John M. Gamble" wrote in message
In article ,
Bolero wrote:
FIne for what?

Getting the air above winter-dry and making the orchid less
uncomfortable.

40% is below the ideal in any sense of the word.

Ideal, yes, "achievable by mere mortals who don't own a greenhouse", no.

Humidity trays don't work in my opinion either.

This is flatly untrue. One can reach %40 humidity given
humidity trays and some pebbles (which help with the surface
area that exposes the water).

--
-john

February 28 1997: Last day libraries could order catalogue cards
from the Library of Congress.