Old 31-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Bolero

Default Humidity!

Good Point!

Happy New Year to you too.

"kenty ;-)" wrote in message
40% will probably be at the lower end of the scale, the humidity ,will
obviously rise at night.I grow in a loft on a largish tray with clay

pebbles
for humidity,at the end of the day when the heating has been on humidity
falls to around 40/45% rising upto around 60% sometimes higher.I spray

every
morning with a fine mist,which instantly raises the humidity & by the end

of
the day the plants have dried off for the night .This is obviously harder

do when you grow on a windowsill or similar.Humidity is hard to maintain
were ever you grow,once you know how low & high humidity gets in your
situation you tend to stop worrying about it & get on with your routine.
Happy New Year to Everyone:-)
Kenty
"Bolero" wrote in message
u...
Again, didn't know I was dealing with people who couldn't grow outside

and
that the question was targetted at only those people.

It is still less than ideal......

Are you saying that those that own a greenhouse are more than mere

mortals?
I paid hardly anything for mine, but then again my climate allows for

it.

"John M. Gamble" wrote in message
In article ,
Bolero wrote:
FIne for what?

Getting the air above winter-dry and making the orchid less
uncomfortable.

40% is below the ideal in any sense of the word.

Ideal, yes, "achievable by mere mortals who don't own a greenhouse",

no.

Humidity trays don't work in my opinion either.

This is flatly untrue. One can reach %40 humidity given
humidity trays and some pebbles (which help with the surface
area that exposes the water).

--
-john

February 28 1997: Last day libraries could order catalogue cards
from the Library of Congress.