Old 31-12-2003, 03:13 PM
Janet Tweedy

Default Telegraph quiz

In article , Sacha
writes

Janet - I am going to expire with curiosity before 2004 gets a grip on the
world! PLEASE - gi'us a clue!

The quiz is set by the RHS and is fairly difficult, I am not sure about
a couple of my answers and another two I don't know.

One question was:
The plant hunter, David Douglas, worked for the Horticultural Society,
(the forerunner of the RHS), in the 19th century and in 1834 lost his
life while plant hunting in the Sandwich Islands when he was
a) Eaten by a shark
b) Bitten by a snake
c) Gored by a bull
d) Attacked by killer bees

the other that I can't do was a picture of some fir cones and you had to
guess:

These cones are typically borne by:
a) Korean fir
b) Douglas fir
c) Serbian spruce
d) Corsican pine

I get the telegraph every day any way but it's all on the Daily
Telegraph web site and you can enter on line:

the page for the actual quiz is
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/promotion...l/content/prom
otions/2003/12/11/rhs_form.jhtml

BUT you have to register on the site before taking part.

However anyone can take part so why not have a go?

janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph