Old 31-12-2003, 03:17 PM
grubber

Default HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!echo echo echo echo...

"animaux" wrote in message
I don't think it's been this quiet in here in years! Where is everyone?

I'm converting a 60x60 area of sparse grass into a pond/garden. I've
transplanted three desert willows and a pomegranate from too shady locations
into the full sun with soaker hose buried under 6" of a 8/3/1 blend of
hardwood mulch/composted cow poop/decomposed granite. I also have mutabalis
and marilyn monroe roses, various salvias, lantanas, greg's blue mist,
yellow bells, plumbago, mexican flame vine and passion flower on trellises
and probably a few other things I can't remember.

All this is around the 15x30 hand dug hole that will become a pond in the
next month. It will also have a 6x6 raised veggie filter/waterfall in the
middle of the plantings so I can easily drain the sludge onto the flowers.
The excavated dirt has been used to raise the level of the surrounding yard,
which is good because 24" down there is one solid slab of bedrock over the
entire area of the pond, and presumably farther. The raised soil has been
planted with white clover and wildflower mix. Because of the bedrock, the
pond isn't as deep as I would like, but I have a small pond at that depth
that hasn't lost any fish due to cold, so I'll live with it and hopefully
the koi will too.

Other than that, I haven't been doing much gardening.

Happy New Year to all!