Old 31-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Theo

Default What kind of rose is it ?

Its a dead ringer for Salet.

Called a moss rose. I get
an extra flush in fall but it is iffy.

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/c...oses/salet.htm

--
Theo

in KC Z5

"Mida" wrote in message
In my garden there is a rose which has a delightful scent and a wonderful
display in May.

It looks like an old fashioned rose but I am not sure of what is its name,
since it has been in the garden before I bought the house thirty years

ago.

It's about 8 feet high and has arched branch with a lot of thin thorns.

Leaves are typical rose leaves, in group of five.

The rose blooms only once a year and flowers are very scented (classic

rose
scent).
When touched, leaves and sepals releases a resin aroma.

Would you help me give this rose a name ?

Thanks

Photo 1: http://fun.supereva.it/mimulus.mybox/DSC03571.JPG (the plant)
Photo 2: http://fun.supereva.it/mimulus.mybox/DSC03569.JPG (the flower)