Old 31-12-2003, 04:49 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default Cleaning a Polytunnel

"Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson" wrote in
message ...
The message
from "Pat Gardiner" contains these words:

I suppose there comes a time in every polytunnel life...it starts to

look
disgusting

I can work out that a squeezy mop will remove the green on the outside,

but
what should I use as a chemical?

Something harmless that will still do the job of loosening before using

hose?

There are Kiwi below, near the sides on the outside and I'm still silly
enough to believe they will fruit one day.

Regards
Pat Gardiner
www.go-self-sufficient.com

I just use a mild solution of washing-up liquid. It seems enough to
shift the green. I find a soft broom works well but a squeezy mop sounds
good too. There's always a bit right on top which I can't reach, so only
two thirds gets cleaned.

Janet G

Hi,
I use washing up liquid inside and dilute household bleach outside (with a
kitchen floor mop) Outside to get the top third you can't reach there are
two options
1 tie a long bit of wood onto a ladder attach cushions and lean onto
plastic, or
2 the method I use, which is get an old towel soak in the dilute bleach
attach two long pieces of rope one for each side of the tunnel and pull it
back and forth across the top.
HTH
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.