Old 31-12-2003, 04:51 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Telegraph quiz

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

However anyone can take part so why not have a go?

Moral objections to supporting a chauvinistic rag that incites hatred
against the vulnerable. Since you asked.

Sadly, I think that could apply to almost any newspaper, depending on how
you read it and your stance before you read it. ;-(

That is regrettably true. Many local papers are rather better, but
the only nationals that are relatively free from inciting hatred
are the Independent, the Guardian and possibly the Scotsman. All
others have regular, directed campaigns where they incite hatred
against one or more vulnerable groups. The Independent (which we
take) has some such articles, but has little coherent policy and
rarely mounts campaigns. I can't stand the Guardian, on other grounds.

One could also include the Morning Star, on the grounds that the
targets of its hate campaigns are not vulnerable :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.