Old 01-01-2004, 03:02 AM
Empty

Default Hobby Ethics

"Le Trôle" wrote in
:

What right? I may have missed the Right to Keep Exotic Pets in the
Constitution.

That's because rights exist whether or not they're found
in some Big List of Rights.

Yes, the right to keep exotic pets is a basic human right. In fact,
I think there was something about that in the Geneva Convention. Someone
alert the UN- Florida Fish and Game is oppressing LtWolfe!

The bottom line is that you have no "right" to make decisions
regarding the Florida ecosystem, nor do you have any "right"
to own any kind of aquarium fish or plant.

LtWolfe does indeed have the right to own any kind
of aquarium fish or plant, even though there may be
some reason that he should not exercise that right.

I suppose, then, that I have the right to dump 100 gallons of used motor
oil in the drainage tunnel outside my house?

Your rights end when someone else's begin, and the well-being of the
ecosystem that WE ALL depend on to LIVE outweighs your theoritical right to
keep something you find interesting.

It appears that PETA has found yet another unwitting stooge.

What is this babble? I don't much like PETA, and this has NOTHING to do
with PETA. Call me the EPA's stooge if you have to fit me somewhere into
your tinfoil-hat conspiracy theories.

I am, however, an aquarist with some knowledge of the delicate balance of
ecosystems and morals enough to know there are things more important than
my whims or desires.

~Empty
--
'You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it
kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other