Old 01-01-2004, 05:45 AM
Eric Schreiber

Default Hobby Ethics

"Dunter Powries" wrote:

How will incarceration restore a disrupted ecosystem?

Incarceration isn't intended as a means of reparation, and never was.
It is a means of punishment.

A genuinely RESPONSIBLE person would not have engaged in
an activity which could conceivably have resulted in damage
beyond their ability to repair or restore. Therefore, in
the event that damage DID occur, I would expect that a
genuinely RESPONSIBLE person would be able to restore that
ecosystem to it's previous state. No other outcome is
acceptable.

Now if only the world were populated by responsible people, we'd be
well on our way to utopia.

--
www.ericschreiber.com