Old 01-01-2004, 07:33 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default OT ~ Mad Moo Cow in SE WA

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 23:39:14 GMT, "Anne Lurie" wrote:

safer than the prepackaged tubes of hamburger.

I think you're best better is ground on the property.

I've purchased the tubes for well over a year. Not only are they cheaper,
but I don't find bones or bits of gristle in them, as we have the stuff on
styrofoam. That said, the place the tubes came from just happened to be one
of the places that processed "Daisy".

Nice thing about tubes, they have lot #. I called the company, and found
out without a doubt, there was no Daisy in my tubes. Course I'm a bit more
cautious and will use the tubes I purchased before Daisy arrived, the one
other gets tossed next garbage day. I'm still waiting though to find out
what happened to the other cows Daisy was brought over the border with.
Supposedly 8 or 9 of them are in the same Mapton herd... If I could find
out that none of the others have gone to slaughter I'd feel better about
going back to beef.

Something new in the paper today, something about young cows not developing
MCD? A little confusing, in that they make it sound like it's not a problem
till they develop it? I'm thinking, "if they've been infected, they're
infected, whether they live long enough to show symptoms" or are prions
different than someone with a cold or flu who is spreading germs before
they are even sick? ~ jan